For immediate release
The Washington Black Cannabis Collective is hosting a community event on Sunday, August 27 from 3-7pm at the Mount Baker Community Club, and you are invited to attend!
This free Town Hall event is designed to bring together community stakeholders interested in advancing social equity and creating opportunities for the Black community in the cannabis industry. The program will feature conversations about the state of Washington's cannabis industry, how to get involved (as entrepreneurs or in the workforce), and how collaboration can uplift our communities.
Special guests -- Black CannaBusiness Magazine, Black Cannabis Equity Initiative, and BIPOCann will discuss national trends and opportunities to build wealth in the cannabis industry.
- 3:00pm: Doors open & Networking
- 4:00pm: Introductory Remarks
- 4:15-4:55pm*: [Panel] Uplifting Black Communities: Insights on What Is and Isn't Working Nationally in the Cannabis Industry
- John Bailey (Black Cannabis Equity Initiative)
- Kristi Price (Black CannaBusiness Magazine)
- Ernest Toney (BIPOCann)
- Naudia Miller (Black & Tan Hall)
- 5:05pm: Toast & Dinner begins
- 5:30pm-6:30pm*: [Roundtable] Cannabis Social Equity, Community Building & Access to Opportunities in Washington State
- Pamela Blackwell (Blackwell Management Solutions)
- Carlondo Mitchell (5th House Farms)
- Darrell Powell (Seattle King County NAACP)
- Paula Sardinas (WA Build-Back Black Alliance),
Moderator: John Bailey (Black Cannabis Equity Initiative)
- 6:40pm: Closing Remarks & Calls to Action
- 7:00pm: Town Hall Program Ends
*This conversation includes Q&A. Attendees are invited to participate.
Please use this link to RSVP. Space is limited, so register ASAP!